A 5 pack walkie talkie for group use is the smart move if you want to purchase a wireless communication gadget for your team. Apart from the savings you’d make by purchasing a bundled package, there are other benefits too.
For instance, placing all team members on the same model and make of walkie talkies makes synchronization and connectivity between the units easier. Besides, less time would be wasted on learning how to use the devices since they are all the same.
One can easily come up with several more reasons to stick to similar model 2-way radios for a group.
This guide features 5 of the best 5 pack walkie talkies for group use you can find anywhere. These are quality radios suitable for teams whether for indoor use such as security teams and warehouse staff or for all types of outdoor activities like group camping, hiking, group sports and many more.
Things to consider When buying a 5 Pack Walkie Talkie for Group Use
Buying a 5 pack walkie talkie is not really different from buying a single unit or other packaged bundles. As stated earlier, the major benefit is you get the 5 units at a discount which is great if you are on a tight budget.
However, before going out to make your purchase there are certain things you must consider first. These include the following:
Where you want to use them – This is an important factor to consider or you might end up with gadgets that are unsuitable for your purpose.
For instance, if the gadgets are for your staff or security team inside a building complex, the walkie talkies you choose must be UHF radios. Unlike VHF 2-way radios, UHF work well inside buildings since the signals can penetrate concrete and steel walls.
But outdoors, where there are open fields or miles and miles of open space without natural or artificial obstructions, VHF devices would do just fine.
The VHF walkie talkies can transmit signals over long distances without consuming too much power. That makes them more efficient than UHF radios in such situations.
But if you want to use the radio’s for both outdoor and indoor activities, it is better to stick to the more flexible UHF models.
Battery and Power supply – How long you and your team will make use of gadgets is also an important consideration.
For activities such as coordinating events of less than 5 hours, you don’t need gadgets with 12 hours of battery life. Conversely, it would not be smart to get devices with less than 9 hours battery life of you are using them for activities that would last the whole day.
But it is recommended that you stick with radios with long battery life. This makes them suitable for a wide variety of applications.
Easy setup/use – One problem with purchasing walkie talkies for a group is linked to the rates at which different people learn how to use gadgets. Some are slow to understand even basic operational features while others are the exact opposite.
You wouldn’t want a gadget that would take forever for some of the users to learn how to use. That would be a waste of time.
Equally important is the setup time. Aim for gadgets that are easy to setup.
Accessories – Some manufacturers attempt to cut cost by limiting the number of included accessories.
There must be enough accessories for each gadget. These accessories include the earpieces/headsets, chargers or USB cables, belt clips, and straps.
In this case, make sure there are five of each.
Durability – Insist on rugged devices made of tough material or you’d find yourself making a trip back to the mall to get a replacement for only the walkie talkie that is damaged. That is an extra expense that can be avoided if durable and rugged units were bought initially.
Channels – Walkie talkies with multiple channels are necessary for easy access to unoccupied frequencies to keep the chatter within the group only.
The units you purchase must have privacy codes that extend your channel options further making it even more likely you and your team can communicate without a stranger listening in.
Auto-scan – When activated, this feature enables users to automatically scan the area for active radio signals. Team members can also use this feature to locate other users in the area easily.
The 5 Top 5 Pack Walkie Talkie For Group Use: Review
1. Winmoon Long Range Two-Way RadiosNo products found.
Beyond the fact that you’d get an amazing deal with this 5-pack walkie talkie from Winmoon, you get the benefits of awesome premium features from each compact and ruggedly-designed adult 2-way radio.
With each unit sporting a 1800mAh battery with at least 2 days of battery life, and an effective range of about 3 miles, they are simply some of the best communication gadgets for outdoor activities like hunting, kayaking, hiking, mountaineering, and much more.
The walkie talkies come with all the important features you’d expect in handheld radios. These include VOX function for handsfree use; high-quality audio output; resistant to water and other weather conditions; and up to 5W power output to enhance long-range transmission.
No products found.
Each PC-programmable UHF unit is equipped with 16 memory channels, 155 privacy codes, built-in LED flashlight, auto squelch, channel monitor and all the vital accessories to make for an awesome 5 pack bundle.
No products found.
2. Retevis RT27 5 Pack Walkie Talkies
The Retevis brand is well-known for making some of the best communication gadgets for the outdoors. The RT27 5-pack offering is simply another in a long line of quality gadgets suitable for security staff, building sites and outdoor activities such as camping, hiking, etc.
Backed by a 2-year warranty and 30-days return policy, the gadgets come with 210 privacy codes to give users thousands of more channel combinations with the 22 primary channels. Finding a secure and private frequency would not be a problem no matter the amount of RF activity in the area.
Backed by a 1100 mAh battery that can deliver up to 12 hours of battery life, each unit supports VOX function for hands-free operations. They are also water and dust resistant to ensure durability and functionality in not so ideal weather situations.
- Professional walkie-talkie; legal use; no license required;easy to use without complicated operation
- Long distance walkie talkies;clearly send and receive information even in the building
- Durable two way radio; thickened PC plastic shell for resisting shock; vibration; dust and splash
3. BaoFeng BF888s 5 Pack UHF Handheld Two Way Radios
The 5-pack BaoFeng BF888s is a must-have package if you are looking to get some of the best walkie talkies for your team. The units are guaranteed by Baofeng’s pedigree in quality products and reliability.
Each UHF unit comes with an IP54 rating ensuring their operations won’t be scuppered by splashing water, rainfall, dust and snow. The sets come equipped with an effective range of between 3 and 5 miles depending on the terrain and transmitting power.
And for clear and interruption-free communication, you and your team can depend on the 16 channels backed by 155 privacy codes, and auto squelch for noise-reduction and clear audio output.
They come equipped with 1500 mAh battery for that can deliver up to 12 of battery life; emergency alarm; built-in LED flashlight; VOX function and so much more.
For a closer look at the handset check out our Baofeng BF-888s Review.
- FCC ID: 2AJGM-BF888S. Each radio has 16 preset channels and the same frequency for direct use. When you turn the channel knob, you can easily change the channel and the voice will tell you the channel number.
- Each two-way radio is equipped with a 1500mAh rechargeable lithium ion battery and a us charging stand. It takes about 4-5 hours to fully charge, and the sustainable use time of a full charge is about 8-12 hours, depending on the amount of use.When the battery is too low, the walkie-talkie will automatically broadcast low battery.
- High-quality built-in speakers and microphones on radios provide a loud and clear sound. Unique noise reduction function, even in a noisy environment can maintain clear voice. Walkie-talkie has VOX function. Each walkie-talkie comes with a single-ear headset (k-type headphone plug with 3.5mm and 2.5mm plugs); When the earpiece is plugged in, all the sound is transferred to the headset, and you can talk directly through the headset microphone.
4. Greaval 6 Pack UHF Long Range Walkie Talkies
With up to 20 hours of battery life on the 1500 mAh Li-ion rechargeable battery, 16 channels that can be extended with privacy codes and a transmission range of up to 3 miles in open fields, this 6-pack (5 pack no longer available) walkie talkie bundle from Greaval is equipped with everything you need for your team and much more.
Each PC-programmable, compact UHF radio is also equipped with VOX function enabling hands-free use; built-in flashlight to use in the dark and for some emergencies; emergency alarm; low-battery alarm and power-saving function.
The walkie talkies are specifically designed for use in buildings and can transmit up to 50 floors; residential areas and for outdoor activities.
The pack comes with accessories such as antennas, belt clips, hand straps, charging docks, and earpieces for each unit.
- 【Multi-function radio】16 channels, 50 CTCSS audio and 105 CDCSS audio on each programmed channel, Programmable with PC, VOX hands-free function, squelch adjustment, scanning, low battery alarm and night LED flashlight, etc.
- 【Long-Rang】1-4 Miles Range (Depends on working environments).
- 【Greaval GV-8S】 This walkie talkie has been tested by an FCC accreditted lab and complies with the limits for a Class B digital device. FCC ID: ZP5BF-888S, Frequency range: UHF 400-470 MHz.
5. Retevis RT6 5 Pack Two Way Radios
If you want to take your team’s wireless communication needs up several notches, you would be spot on with the RT6 5-pack bundle from Retevis.
Each Retevis RT6 is a dual-band VHF/UHF 2-way handheld radio with a range of up to 3 miles and variable transmission power settings (high or low) to either extend the range or conserve battery life at low power settings.
They are rugged, durable and fully waterproof and dust-protected with an IP67 rating. Each set would still be functional after being submerged in water for about 30 minutes.
They come equipped with an amazing 128 channels backed by 154 privacy codes to give you thousands of options when looking for a private frequency to communicate.
Other features include the 1800 mAh battery that delivers up to 12 hours of battery time depending on use; VOX function; tri-color LCD backlight; emergency alarm; built-in flashlight and much more.
- Out of the box;work with analog and dmr walkie talkies, directly communicate with other walkie talkies by setting the frequency and tone codes directly through the keyboard
- Waterproof walkie talkies with IP67 rating; can be used normally after soaking into 1 meter for 30 minutes and can withstand harsh environments
- 1800mAh rechargeable 2 way radio;fully charge is enough for you to use more than 2 days; LCD screen can display power level; power saving function can control power consumption at any time
Walkie talkies maintenance Tips
- It is advisable to turn off the radios before charging
- Don’t overcharge batteries as it could shorten their life span
- Use microfiber cloth soaked with a little water to clean the walkie talkies
- For stubborn stains, use a damp cloth and scrub until the stains disappear
- Don’t use the antenna as a handle to hold the radio. It could affect transmission and reception
- Use only compatible chargers and batteries
- If you want to keep the radios in storage for long, shut them off and remove the batteries
- Never use active charging docks as storage for the devices
- While in storage, make sure the radios are not exposed to excessive cold or heat. The ideal storage space should be cool and dry.
Purchasing a 5 pack walkie talkie for group use shouldn’t be difficult if you know what to look for. The crucial factor is to make sure you match the devices’ features to how and where you intend to use them.
The important features to consider include the range, power, battery life, and included accessories among others.
If you are at a loss on how best to go about it, you can choose any of the 5 products in this guide. They are all durable, robust pieces that have a wide range of applications for both outdoor and indoor uses.